|Dr. C.Revathy MD, Vice Principal|
|Dr. K.Shantaraman MD|
|Dr. M.Saradha MD|
|Dr. R.Amutharani MD|
|Dr. N.Manikandan MS|
|Dr. Alex Arthur Edwards MS|
|Dr. JM Ravichandran Edwin MD DM|
|Dr. K.Krishnamurthy MD|
The Paramedical Programs are of three variants – Certificate Courses (1 year duration), Diploma Courses (2 years duration) and Bachelors Degree Courses (4 year courses). The training involves learning experience ‘derived from’ or ‘targeted to’ the needs of the community and expose the students to hospital based and community based technical activities
GOALS & OBJECTIVES: Our Paramedical program aims to produce competent technologists,
- shall recognize the technical needs of the hospital and the community, and carry out professional obligations ethically and in keeping with the objectives of the national health policy.
- shall master the skills, pertaining to the medical / surgical / laboratory technology that are required to assist medical services at all levels of the health care delivery system.
- shall be aware of the contemporary advance and developments in the technology discipline concerned
- shall demonstrate skills in documentation of individual case details relevant to the assigned situation.
- shall demonstrate empathy and humane approach towards patients and their families and exhibit interpersonal behaviour in accordance with the societal norms and expectations.
- shall play the assigned role in the implementation of national health programme, effectively and responsibly.
- shall develop skills as a self-directed learner, recognize continuing education needs; select and use appropriate learning resources.
- Demonstrate competence in basic concepts of computer use and epidemiology, and be able to critically analyze relevant literature.
COMPONENTS OF THE PARA MEDICAL CURRICULUM :
The major components of the Postgraduate curriculum shall be :
Practical and clinical skills
Attitudes including communication skills.
Training in computers.
|Name of Course||Number of Seats|
|BSc Medical Laboratory Technology||20|
|BSc Cardiac Perfusion Technology||20|
|BSc Cardiac Care Technology||20|
|BSc Accident & Emergency Care Technology||20|
|BSc Dialysis Technology||20|
|BSc Physician Assistantship||20|
|BSc Critical Care Technology||20|
|BSc Anesthesia and Operation Theatre Technology||20|
|BSc Respiratory Care Technology||20|
|BSc Radiodiagnosis Technology||20|
|Diploma Medical Laboratory Technology||100|
|Diploma Radiodiagnosis Technology||25|
|Certificate Course in Anaesthesia Technology|
|Certificate Course in OT Technology|
|Certificate Course in Dialysis Technology|
|Certificate Course in Respiratory Care Technology|
|Certificate Course in Acute Care Technology|
|Certificate Course in Orthopedics Technology|
|Certificate Course in Echo / TMT Technology|
|Certificate Course in Community Home Care|