|Dr. M.Ravichandran MD|
|Dr. Alex Arthur Edward MS|
|Dr. P.Nirmala Devi MD|
|Dr. N.Manikandan MS|
|Dr. S.Suresh Kumar MS|
|Dr. M.Saradha MD|
|Dr. K.Krishnamurthy MD|
The Residency Programs shall be of three years duration in the case of degree courses The curriculum is competency based. Learning has to be essentially autonomous and self directed with a combination of formative and summative assessments, a modular approach to the course curriculum being implemented in a systematic manner. The training shall involve learning experience ‘derived from’ or ‘targeted to’ the needs of the community and expose the students to community based activities
GOALS & OBJECTIVES: Our postgraduate residency program aims to produce competent specialists and medical teachers,
- who shall recognize the health needs of the community, and carry out professional obligations ethically and in keeping with the objectives of the national health policy.
- who shall have mastered most of the competencies, pertaining to the speciality, that are required to be practiced at the secondary and the tertiary levels of the health care delivery system
- who shall be aware of the contemporary advance and developments in the discipline concerned
- who shall have acquired a spirit of scientific inquiry and is oriented to the principles of research methodology and epidemiology
- who shall have acquired the basic skills in teaching of the medical and paramedical professionals.
Our resident will be able to at the end of the residency program be able to
- Recognize the importance to the concerned speciality in the context of the health needs of the community and the national priorities in the health section.
- Practice the speciality concerned ethically and in step with the principles of primary health care.
- Demonstrate sufficient understanding of the basic sciences relevant to the concerned speciality.
- Identify social, economic, environmental, biological and emotional determinants of health in a given case, and take them into account while planning therapeutic, rehabilitative, preventive and primitive measure/strategies.
- Diagnose and manage majority of the conditions in the speciality concerned on the basis of clinical assessment, and appropriately selected and conducted investigations.
- Plan and advise measures for the prevention and rehabilitation of patients suffering from disease and disability related to the speciality.
- Demonstrate skills in documentation of individual case details as well as morbidity and mortality rate relevant to the assigned situation.
- Demonstrate empathy and humane approach towards patients and their families and exhibit interpersonal behaviour in accordance with the societal norms and expectations.
- Play the assigned role in the implementation of national health programme, effectively and responsibly.
- Organize and supervise the chosen/assigned health care services demonstrating adequate managerial skills in the clinic/hospital or the field situation.
- Develop skills as a self-directed learner, recognize continuing education needs; select and use appropriate learning resources.
- Demonstrate competence in basic concepts of research methodology and epidemiology, and be able to critically analyze relevant published research literature.
- Develop skills in using educational methods and techniques as applicable to the teaching of medical/nursing students, general physicians and paramedical health workers.
- Function as an effective leader of a health team engaged in health care, research or training
STATEMENT OF THE COMPETENCIES: Keeping in view with the Regulation of the Medical Council of India and the Affiliating university each discipline shall aim at development of specific competencies which shall be defined and spelt out in clear terms. Each department shall produce a statement and bring it to the notice of the trainees in the beginning of the programme so that he or she can direct the efforts towards the attainment of these competencies
COMPONENTS OF THE POSTGRADUATE CURRICULUM :
The major components of the Postgraduate curriculum shall be :
Practical and clinical skills
Attitudes including communication skills.
Training in research methodology.
|Residency Program||No of Admissions per year||MCI Recognition Status|
|MD BIOCHEMISTRY||2||LOP u/s 10(1) 2|
|MD RADIODIAGNOSIS||4||LOP u/s 10(1) 4|
|MD DERMATO-VENERO-LEPROLOGY||6||Recognized 1. LOP u/s 10(1) 5|
|MD PSYCHIATRY||4||Recognized 1, LOP u/s 10(1) 3|
|MS OPHTHALMOLOGY||4||Recognized 1, LOP u/s 10(1) 3|
|MS ENT||4||Recognized 1, LOP u/s 10(1) 3|
|MD FORENSIC MEDICINE||3||Recognized|
|DM NEUROLOGY||1||Recognized 1|
|MD CHEST MEDICINE||4||Recognized 2, LOP u/s 10(1) 2|
|MD PEDIATRIC MEDICINE||13||Recognized 3, LOP u/s 10(1) 10|
|MS ORTHOPAEDICS||12||Recognized 3, LOP u/s 10(1) 9|
|MS OBS & GYN||12||Recognized 3 LOP u/s 10(1) 9|
|MD ANAESTHESIOLOGY||9||Recognized 4, LOP u/s 10(1) 5|
|MD MICROBIOLOGY||5||Recognized 5|
|MD PATHOLOGY||7||Recognized 7|
|MS GENERAL SURGERY||20||Recognized 10, LOP u/s 10(1) 10|
|MD GENERAL MEDICINE||21||Recognized 9, LOP u/s 10(1) 12|